Department of Defense Credit Options
Credits will only be transferred for degree-seeking students at Concordia University, St. Paul. Admitted students could earn credit in the following areas:
Non-Traditional Credits - Maximum 32 Elective semester credits
- Early Childhood, School-Age or Family Child Care Training Modules (PDF): 15 semester credits (max)
- Child Development Associate (CDA): 12 semester credits
- CPR/First Aid: 1 semester credit
- Professional Development Training Hours are individually evaluated for credit
- Military Basic Training: 4 semester credits
- Military Training Transcripts are also individually evaluated for credit
Classes and Programs meet NAEYC accreditation criteria. DANTES and CLEP scores are also evaluated.
"I am now 55 years old and in the field of Early Childhood Education for 34 1/2 years. The BA on-line completion program for Early Childhood/Child Development was a life-altering experience. It confirmed what I knew, challenged me to learn more and gave me the words to express what Best Practices are in this field. It is a life choice for me and a commitment I joyfully continue, as I feel it is calling from God. I thank God for the opportunity of this experience."
- Cathy Jo Banas
"My experience with Concordia University has been a rewarding opportunity for me. I would recommend Concordia University to anyone I interact with on a daily basis. The program is well organized and the Instructors/Professors are well educated in the field of Early Childhood Education. The program pace is designed for working professionals."
- Ruby Belton