Information and Technology Management
The Information and Technology Management major provides an opportunity for focused study of information technology and its relevance in business management. Students study IT principles and their application to organizational and societal challenges. Combined with professional experiences, the Information and Technology Management program can equip students for entry into or advancement in professional fields, such as project manager, systems architect, business analyst, systems analyst, systems integrator, program manager, product manager and operations manager.
- The objectives of the program are to:
- Prepare students for careers as professional managers capable of marrying business strategy with the timely, innovative, deployment of technology;
- Validate and enhance skills and knowledge acquired through professional experience;
- Integrate professional skills training with a social and moral perspective;
- Develop decision-making, strategic planning, interpersonal communication and other managerial skills;
- Provide an understanding of the historical development of computer-related technologies and explore current and future socio-cultural ramifications for IT-related fields.