Mobile | Campus Maps | Contact Us | Site Index

You need to install Flash Player 8 or higher to view this element. Download Flash Player.

Transferring Credit

How Will My Credits Transfer?

Previous Earned University, College and Technical Credit
Concordia accepts most college level credit from accredited institutions of higher learning. Courses taken at previously unaccredited institutions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Students who have attended schools within the MNSCU system and have fulfilled any or all of the MN Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) goal areas will need to also provide the additional MnTC goal area worksheet i.e. DARS or MnTC Audit report that will accompany the transcript for further evaluation.

Other Sources of Transfer Credit Include:

Credit By Examination
Concordia University will accept credits earned through either CLEP or Dantes (View a listing of our accepted CLEP exam credits).
Concordia follows the American Council on Education (ACE) Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services ( for credit awarding recommendations. College level credit earned at military operated community colleges is fully accepted. For Child Development program students, we accept additional training modules.
Selected Training Programs
You may be eligible for credit based on prior learning through your work experience, professional training, licensure or certifications. If applicable, your training will be translated to credit based on 60 training hours equaling one nontraditional elective credit.
International Credits
International credits will need to be evaluated by an international evaluation service.

The Next Step

Complete the Roadmap Request Form and submit transcripts from each college you have attended to Concordia University, St. Paul.

Contact Your Admission Counselor with any questions.