DCE Colloquy Eligibility
Eligibility for Admission to DCE Colloquy
To be eligible for admission to DCE Colloquy program the applicant must:
- Possess an earned Baccalaureate degree.
- Demonstrate a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average in the baccalaureate experience.
- Be a member in good standing of a congregation of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
- Serve on the professional ministry staff of a congregation of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod or RSO.
- Apply for Colloquy as a Minister of Religion, Commissioned-DCE in The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
- Receive the approval of the Colloquy (Certification) Interview Team, the Professional Standards Committee (PSC), the Director of the DCE program, the dean and the faculty of the College of Vocation and Ministry.
- Receive the necessary approvals from their synodical district and the Colloquy committee of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod.
Eligibility to be Colloquized by The Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod
Certification through Colloquy by the faculty of Concordia University, St. Paul, MN will follow satisfactory completion of the Colloquy Interview conducted by rostered members of the Concordia University faculty and staff.
Admission to the DCE Colloquy does not constitute assurance of later Certification or approval for Synodical Placement.
Certification is the attestation by the university that an individual is judged to be competent to function in a professional role in the Church.
- Sound in the understanding of the Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessional writings
- Living a life above reproach
- Competent to entry-level service in the Church as a Director of Christian Education
- Successfully complete all course work and field and clinical experiences
- Maintain a 2.50 CGPA
- Through the final Professional Portfolio and Interview, provide evidence of having developed the necessary qualities and competencies identified for admission to public ministry
- Receive recommendation from the Colloquy Interview Team and the Director of the DCE Certification Program
- Be approved through the colloquy process of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod