Four Simple Steps to Studying Abroad!
Are you thinking about studying abroad and wondering where to start? Where to go? What to study? How to pay for it? There are many decisions to make and much information to gather. The following steps are the starting point for planning your exciting study abroad experience!
1. Meet with staff in the C.A.L.L. Center:
- Discuss your goals for going abroad.
- Prioritize what is most important. Examples of things to consider are country of study, language of study, subjects of study, and the desired experiences you want to have abroad (i.e. travel, program support, excursions).
- Choose a program that matches your learning goals and interests.
- Fill out Concordia's Semester Study Abroad Application.
- Complete the program-specific application.
3. Meet with Financial Aid:
- Ensure your financial aid is in place and transferable for your study abroad experience. Federal and state financial aid may apply, but note Concordia University scholarships and grants do not apply to most programs.
4. Meet with your academic advisor:
- Fill out the Course Approval Form with the courses you intend on taking while abroad and get advisor's approval.
- Discuss the semester you will return to Concordia with your advisor as you will most likely be registering for that semester while you are abroad.