Campus Maps | Contact Us | Site Index

You need to install Flash Player 8 or higher to view this element. Download Flash Player.

Theatre Major & Minor, Dance Minor

Theatre Major Form
Theatre Minor Form
Dance Minor Form

If You are Considering a Theatre Major or Minor

If you wish to major or minor in Theatre, but are not sure at present, there are a few choices that will help you make up your mind and facilitate completing the major when and if you declare.

Take THR 101 (Introduction to Theatre) as soon as possible.

Get involved in production. Sign up for audition times, backstage positions, or work crews on the call board in the main Theatre hallway.

Take Stagecraft (THR 251) to get a hands-on taste of backstage work.

Take Acting I (THR 221) to learn about creating a role.


Declaring a Major in Theatre

Please declare your major in Theatre as soon as possible, but no later than the end of your sophomore year. Declaring early will also facilitate planning if you wish to study abroad or do an internship. The application forms are included in this handbook for you to Xerox and fill out.

Transfer Students

Transfer students who major in Theatre must take at least half of their required Theatre courses at Concordia University, St. Paul. Theatre minors must take all but two required courses in residence.

If you are transferring courses from other universities, you must go through a two-step process. First, at the Registrar?s Office, the university will determine if the credit is transferable. If it is, it will count toward the number of credits you need to earn a degree at CSP. Next, you must review the courses you took elsewhere with the Chair of the Theatre Department to determine whether or not they count towards fulfillment of the departmental requirements. It will be helpful to show the Chair the course syllabus and any other materials you have retained from the course (e.g papers, texts, etc.).