Learners will articulate developmentally appropriate practices and focus on advocacy and leadership in the field of early education. Courses in this program address the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards for initial professional preparation. After completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Articulate the theories in the field of early education that support best practices;
- U nderstand major developmental theories of early childhood education;
- Define developmentally appropriate practices;
- Articulate the role of families as the primary teachers, caregivers, and models in the lives of young children;
- Create inclusive and effective learning environments for young children;
- Develop a framework for making ethical decisions as an early childhood professional.